***I would like to begin by thanking Jamie for blogging about February this morning. You made me feel a little better about finally getting around to March, that I am not alone in my constantly feeling behind. Anyone who appreciates this update can thank Jamie.***
Now, here is a little peek into a week in March...
The kids got free tickets to the Utah Flash game at UVU from school and Amelia went around begging tickets from her friends who weren't going. Before I knew it she had our night planned! We dropped off Ainsley with Grandma and headed to IN-N-OUT for burgers, fries & shakes. I would have been happy to go home at that point! I love IN-N-OUT shakes, just like the kind you make at home in the blender, but for 3 times the price and none of the mess.

It was mascot night at the Flash game so we had more entertainment than usual. The mascots were dancing, jumping, flirting, riding motorcycles, and dunking basketballs. Here is Bumble playing baseball.

I think Amelia enjoyed the night,
Sydnie however has a very fake smile on her face. The only time she was
truly entertained was during the halftime dance routines. She wanted to watch the Flash dancers and then go home, "This is so boring Mom"!!!

Jason and Grady were in a trance the entire time. Grady can watch ANY sport for hours and never tire of it. Jason says he was like that when he was little, If he hadn't grown out of it we would have never married.... I think I'm a bit like
Sydnie.
♣♣♣♣♣♣♣
Saint Patricks day is our holiday. Jason served his mission in Ireland so we claim to be Irish. I feel obligated to bake treats for the entire neighborhood and boil a pot of corned beef and cabbage every year. Lucky for me I couldn't find any corned beef this year. We just ate regular food colored green instead.

But- I couldn't get out of the treat tradition. Every year we make shamrock sugar cookies, I am SO SICK of sugar cookies!!! Why does everyone always want sugar cookies??? So we found a new idea on
familyfun.com for rainbow cupcakes and we added the pots of gold on top. The cupcakes were so pretty (but since my surgery I hate frosting, it tastes like garlic salt to me) and so messy. I think next year we will try sugar cookies again.

STAY TUNED! I am promising (in writing) that I will do an Easter update this week. I know that you don't believe me. Two posts in one week? NO WAY!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love Amelia's initiative for planning the outing. (BTW did you know Adeliade's middle name is Emelia. I LOVE the name Amelia!) Also, the pot of gold on top of the cupcakes is way too cute! way to go super mom! You're so good at creating happy memories for your family.
Post a Comment